First of all, I apologize for the fact that chapter 4 has not yet been released. Most of all this is because of factors I don't have in my own hands. And that makes that I gotta wait for those factors to resolve themselves. And because of that the project's really getting behind schedule and I hate that.
In order to let my time not be wasted in the meantime I'm working on chapter 5 until everything is resolved so chapter 4 can finally be released.
Below is my current global plan. This plan is not final as I may change this agenda over time. Some points may be added or removed or changed.
Let's put in on here, shall we?
- First I'll be working out all sealed bosses, there are eight of them in total, and 6 of them were already finished. To explain in a little more detail, if you played the current releases, you must have seen those red egg-like things in the field. Those are seals and an optional boss is sealed inside.
- After this I'll begin on working out the map for the final dungeon, I do not plan to make this dungeon ridiculously large (I know with that I break a bit with tradition), but as it is the final dungeon, I do want to offer a few challenges here, and because of that, this dungeon can take up some time to create.
- When that map has been set up, I will not directly begin on the final boss, but first I'll take my time to set up Juggernaut, which is the hardest boss in the game, so you'll need to be well-prepared before taking that one on. This boss will also have a few things that will make it more complex to work out, so I need to work this out thoroughly.
- Once that's done, all side-quests for the first play-through are done, then I'll work out one boss in the final dungeon, which is an important player in the scenario, but not yet the final boss.
- After that will come a scenario hub where the final, and maybe the most important secret will be revealed.
- And then the final boss. Like Juggernaut I wish this boss to be a true final boss, so expect this to take some work to get him the way I want to.
- Of course after that I'll put in a system which allows you to start up the New Game+ and 'The True Abyss'.
- The "True Abyss" will be a copy of the Abyss, where you simply start with all 8 characters at level 1 and their basic skill groups and basic spells. In the True Abyss you will have to complete 100 levels in order to finish it. It has no real story, just enjoying combat and a nice achievement for completing it which could do nice on your gamejolt account " src="http://dyrt.sourceforge.net/SMF/Smileys/default/wink.gif" />
- The New Game+ will be a new game in which you will start the game anew and you can just play the story again. The main quest won't contain anything new, but a few things can be put in order.
- I am thinking if I should or should not give all magic groups for Eric and Scyndi from the start of the game, regardless of your position in the story line. This has not yet been decided, so don't kill me if things here are not the way you expected.
- In the medium and easy modes money may increase more rapidly.
- Skill experience may go up much faster than in the first playthrough, also making gaining new spells easier.
- A few new optional dungeons will be added to the game when you play the New Game+, which will as thus, not be available in the first playthrough.
- As an extra I plan to put in the "Hall of Heroes". This hall will become available once you completed your first NG+ dungeon and here you'll be able to view some extra stuff.
- Also the NG+ will have some extra achievements you cannot get during the first playthrough.
- When this is all done, the game will officially get into the beta. The current plan is not to make the beta public, but to keep it to the beta-testers only. If you are interested you can already drop me a note, but of course, it will take a few months from now until the beta truly begins, however if you sign up now to be a beta-tester now, I will give you access to the current Dev Build (which you can consider the current Alpha). The alpha and later the beta versions of the game will be kept up to date through dropbox, so you will require a dropbox account for this.
- Are you really good in either the English or the Dutch language? Great! When the game enters the beta I will also require all text appearing onto the screen to be spellchecked. It's impossible to write a game this big without making tons of errors on this department, not to mention that you should never check your own spelling errors, you should always leave that to somebody else. 95% of all the text appearing in scenario textboxes is written in special language files. You don't need any programming knowledge to understand though and when you are interested in helping me out here, I'll tell you everything you need to know. The system is quite simple actually. To Dutch correctors I need to note that the LAURA engine does NOT support ë or ö etc. So "België" can inside the game only be spelled as "Belgie". And if you are interested in translating the game into any other language, be my guest, let me know and I'll send you all you need to have or to know. Of course, as not all scenario files have yet been written, you'll have to wait awhile to get started, and I'll make a full announcement once spell correctors or translators can truly begin.
- Well, and if all beta-testers and spell-correctors have done their jobs, the day has come at last to consider the project finished and the official full release will then be there. What I'm gonna do next is yet to be discussed.
Of course, I got to note, the chapter 4 release will take priority over everything, so when I can get to that, I will do so immediately and of course, make a proper announcement here prior to that.
So please, hang on with me