My first thought is "cool!" and my second thought is "I really need to find a better name for the game."
Magic Battle Soccer is my attempt at a MOBA soccer hybrid that uses some of these elements:
- Players can choose from different classes which have strengths and weaknesses (ala DOTA/LOL)
- Classes have utility and some are better for defense than offense (ala Dungeon Defenders/TF2)
- Players can maintain several characters of different classes, level them up and unlock skill trees (ala Diablo 3/WoW)
- Players start with weapons, and buy better ones which can be shared across all their characters (no loadout changes required like D3).
- Player weapons also level. Damage is their xp, and they also have skill trees.
- The world is cartoony (ala Dungeon Defenders)
- Players have three slots: Primary, secondary, special (I wanted a fourth slot for pet but I'll save that for later).
- Bots can join teams
- If the game is unbalanced, the losing team could be given special overpowered bots ala Pigskin (which you've probably never played before because it came out in the 80's).
Here are some class ideas:
- Primary is a melee weapon
- Secondary is a projectile weapon
- Haven't thought of a special yet
- Primary is bow and arrow
- Secondary is throwing down one of many kinds of traps
- Special could be summoning a wall in front of the enemy ball carrier
- Primary is magic attack
- Secondary is health beam ala TF2 medic
- Special could be enchanting the ball to damage nearby enemies or enemy ball carriers
As you can see from the screenshot, the prototype is coming along very well. I just wrapped up the warrior character's attacks and am moving on to battle AI. My goals are:
- Come up with a final name for the game
- Create a video demoing a team with every class versus some generic AI
- Start promoting the game's existence and build an interest base
- Begin multiplayer testing
- Find a studio to share the project with since soon I'll be returning to Paper Cowboys