Hello I'm Spektor.
And here are some thing about my project:
Game is made on Java, using LibGDX.
This game will have lots of game mechanics similar to FTL.
This game will be multiplayer.
The game is devided in to 2 parts, Server and client that must be launched separately.
Major diference from FTL is that each player will controll 1 character, not a whole ship.
Each player will play a different role on the ship - piloting, shooting, maintaining shields, etc.
Players can have their own ships, although controlling a whole ship alone will be quite hard and inefficient.
Players can leave ship and travel through space.
Open world universe 1000x1000 locations.
Every location is a 300x300 square map.
There can be many ships in the same location at the same time.
To shoot, pilot ship, manage shields, etc, a player will have to manualy use the appropriate ship system.
Every type of system will have it's own interface and will have some player interaction.
Planned ship systems:
- (implemented) Shipyard system - used to create ships in game.
- Bridge - used for overall management of the ship.
- (implemented) Reactor - provides power for the ship systems.
- (implemented) Capacitor - stores energy.
- (implemented) Engines - uses energy to make jumps within sector.
- (implemented) HyperDrive - uses energy to make hyper jumps between sectors.
- (implemented) Flight control system - used to controll Hyper drive and engines, and for making jumps.
- Shields system - provides shields for the ship.
- Medical system - used to heal characters.
- Door control system - used to controll ship doors.
- Drone control system - used to give orders to drones.
- Laser defense - used for shooting down slow moving missiles.
- (implemented) Plasma canon - Basic weapon systems.
- Missile battery - used to shoot slow moving missiles that bypass shields.
- Stealth system - makes ship invisible for a period.
- O2 - Provides oxygen to the ship, and is used to replenish oxygen supply in players personal suit.
- Ray gun - FTL like ray gun weapon.
- Teleportation - used to teleport characters
As of right now:
The game has no own graphics, 99% of the used images are FTL related pictures from the net or original FTL game files.
There are no character animations
There is no sound in the game, only the button click sounds are configured.
There is no music in the game.
The game has a built in ship editor for dev purposes.
No propper multiplayer testing has been done(because I'm doing this alone on 1 PC)
Server on startup creates a new universe and creates a starting sector/location with a space station that has a shipyard system. When closing server window, servers saves the universe and on next startup loads it up.
Players can register on server and then login.
Players spawn on the space station, can walk around, can use shipyard system to create a ship.
Players can use the created ship to travel between sectors, and within sectors.
In some sectors there are dummy ship targets, players can use the weapon systems to destroy the targets.
Overall players can use already implemented systems.
I am a programmer and almost a 0 designer or artist.
I'm looking for pixel art artists, and composers interested in making such a game.
Ther are no deadlines.
I'm doing it more for fun then for profit. But I'm dedicating quite a lot of time to the project.
(If the end product will bring some cash, I'll be really happy)
Also looking for FTL fans that would like to check out / test the game.